During a busy morning, it’s easy to let breakfast fall low in your list of priorities, but taking just a few minutes to have something to eat can really make a difference to your day.
You must have heard this saying, “Eat breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, and Dinner like a Pauper” which is a common and a simple quote for us to remember how to eat throughout the day even when you’re running a busy schedule.
We have become too busy with our robotic lives that most of the time we entirely skip our breakfast, start the day with a cup of coffee and then straight to lunch or we have this completely false notion of diet were we skip food and live on liquid. But have you wondered why breakfast is been told repeatedly how important it is and why to eat like a King, we have the answers right here and all you have to do is read a little further, to know the importance of eating a healthy breakfast.
Breakfast provides the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast – that’s where its name originates, breaking the fast! Without breakfast you are effectively running on empty, like trying to start the car with no petrol!
- Breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking
- A healthy breakfast should provide calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance(GDA).
Apart from providing us with energy, breakfast foods are good sources of important nutrients such as calcium, iron and B vitamins as well as protein and fiber. The body needs these essential nutrients and research shows that if these are missed at breakfast, they are less likely to be compensated for later in the day. Fruit and vegetables are good sources of vitamins and minerals so try to include a portion of your daily five at breakfast, whether that be a banana or glass of fruit juice.
IMPORTANCE OF A GOOD & HEALTHY BREAKFAST:
- After a long gap of 10 to 12 hours don’t you think your body needs food to run the mechanism? Well, this isn’t a surprise but without the morning meal, you will certainly not be feeling great. Our bodies need the energy to function and that starts with the first meal of the day. Whereas studies have also shown that people who have breakfast in the morning consume more Vitamins, Minerals, and Fiber throughout the day.
- You also must understand when you start your day hungry you also get tired fast and your blood glucose level will not be restored to the normal when you skip your morning breakfast.
- When you have your morning breakfast it will help you to reduce the risk of overeating and also choosing healthier options over the sugar refined snacks and unhealthy calories.
- Eating your morning meal will help you be more focused whether you’re at work or doing your daily routine. When you skip or forget to have your breakfast it affects your concentration level which in turn impacts your productivity at work.
- Having a proper meal in the morning helps you to be less grumpy and will reduce your stress level because the breakfast gives the necessary boost that is needed for the body.
So remember before you leave for work or no matter what you’re doing never skip your morning meal and make sure to eat a good healthy breakfast.
The bottom line is if you’re making wrong unhealthy choices at lunch you have to make the right choice of not skipping and having healthy sumptuous breakfast.
Eating Breakfast has long term Health benefits. It can reduce Obesity, High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease and Diabetes.
Hope you now understand the importance of a good healthy breakfast.